Don’t freeze to death in our Minnesota winters! Contact Air-It Indoor Comfort, LLC. We’re an HVAC contractor who will always deal honestly with you. We’re fast and reliable because we know how much you depend on your furnace to stay cozy warm during the long winter months.
Save money by calling us first. While other HVAC contractors always try to sell the replacement, we are happy to provide you with a repair, no matter how big or small it might be. You can count on us to be fair and to give you the best advice we have when we make our recommendations.
We promise we will…
- Never tell you to replace when we know a repair will serve you better.
- Look for ways to save you money, both on your HVAC system and on your energy bills.
- Recommend trusted, proven furnaces.
- Answer all your questions—you should understand why we recommend what we recommend.
If your furnace isn’t working, call 763-310-1408 for a free evaluation today!
How to Assess Your Furnace to Determine Repair or Replacement
You’ll want to assess the following key factors when determining whether you should repair or replace your furnace:
- The age of your furnace (if it’s 12 years old or older a replacement might make the most sense)
- The cost of repair vs. replacement
- The availability of credits and rebates
- How often you’re repairing the system (frequent seasonal repairs is usually an indicator that a replacement might make more sense)
- System performance and efficiency (high utility bills during the winter months indicates an inefficient heating system so replacing might save you money over the long term)
- Whether the system is showing signs of producing carbon monoxide
Doing the Math
Furnaces typically have a lifespan of ten to fifteen 15-20 years when properly maintained. If your furnace is less than ten years old it will usually make the most sense to repair it versus replace it.
On the other hand, if your furnace is more than fifteen years old, you should closely evaluate the cost of the repair. If the repair costs more than half the replacement cost of a new unit, then we usually recommend you have it replaced.
Saving Money When Replacing Your Furnace
Upgrading to a new energy-efficient furnace could pave the way for some credits and rebates. We help our customers take these into account, as well as warranties which might offset the cost of future repairs as they might be covered by the warranty.
Of course, it goes without saying that a new energy-efficient furnace could save you literally hundreds of dollars every year. These savings over the life of the furnace will more than pay for the replacement costs!
Sometimes furnaces aren’t installed correctly in the first place. They’re too big or too small for the home. If this happens you may experience the furnace not heating well, or leaving hot and cold spots in your house. An incorrect sized-furnace can dramatically increase your utility bills.
Call us at 763-310-1408 for a free estimate today!
We’ll come out and assess your heating system and help you determine which option is best for you – furnace repair or furnace replacement.